Tuesday 16 July 2013

THANKS!: Broken Heart Mended Already 2

WATCH OUT: frozen heart!

(Forgive the length please. I want to start a new topic next week. That's why it's quite long!)

Yeah, hon. No tips on how to avoid a broken heart. 
Anyone who tells you that they have a magical tip on how to keep your heart from being untainted or broken is...well, not being real.

OK! Here’s one way to avoid a broken heart. It’s the only one I can think of right now. Pray, if you have another one, tell me about it.


Choose to never love. Never let anyone into your heart. Stack up big blocks of ice cubes in your heart so that anyone who tries to come near will just get frozen out.
HAHA!!! Hilarious, right?

We all – no matter how ‘flawful’ or ‘unsweet’ we may be – want to be loved. True talk!

Now, I earlier implied that I have never been heartbroken. That is not totally true.
I have indeed being thoroughly disappointed by people I considered really special. ‘Friends’ who paraded themselves as being sweet and reliable managed to do a number on me. Huhuh!
So, really I can relate with you when you as a guy say you never want to look at another woman as being worthy of your love; or when you say that just because your heart has been treated shabbily one time too many, you have an official license to treat all ladies shabbily.

I can also say that I understand how you – a lady – feel when you walked into that house and just before you knocked the door to announce your presence, over-heard your two bffs discussing you as if you are the thirteenth plague sent by GOD to destroy their lives.

(That didn’t happen to me!)

Life has been programmed such that, you have people walking in and out of yours while you also, walk in and out of others’.
You will have to learn to deal with losses when they come. People will freak you out and shock you into speechlessness with how deep they will stab you in the back and you will have to learn to deal with it because you have to move on and...LIVE! (I’m yelling now) LIVE!!!

I am this really sentimental person who loves really hard and feels the hurt of loss really hard too. (Though maturity is helping me to deal with that, Thank GOD!)

I feel very sure that there are five categories of people reading this post:
-          The ones who are deeeeeeep in love, they can’t ever be swayed out of it and who’ll hurt really bad if they ever get heartbroken. These ones throw all their cards in, RIGHT THERE ON THE DECK!


-          The ones who are in love but have one eye closed in ecstasy and have one eye open in careful, wary watchfulness.

-          The ones whose hearts have been thoroughly dealt with so that they have earnestly professed to never fall in love – ever again.

-          The ones who are yet to fall in love and are hoping cupid plays a fair game with their hearts.

-          The ones who don’t even believe in the existence of love at all even though they have never been heartbroken. Too many pieced hearts lying about.

I won’t tell you which category I belong in! *smirks*
But don’t worry, my heart is doing just fine; at least it has been doing fine since the moment I stumbled upon the real truth...
...the stare-you-in-the-face-hit-you-real-hard-don’t-give-a-fig-about-your-feelings-because-you-need-to-live Truth!!!

Here it comes...! *DRUMROLL*

You must be willing to take a chance at love.

You know how you have to look at different bunches of plantain in the store and scrutinize each one carefully before picking out the least spotted and freshest bunch? That is how you have to be willing to go out there and with your damaged broken heart and still get what you need: Some Good Loving.
OK, maybe that wasn’t the best and most appropriate analogy but hey, you get the idea, right?
Every injured guy has to understand that somewhere out there is a lady who has the special touch to make him heal completely and so does every lady.

I know GOD alone is the HEALER but then HE sends people our way to help us with the healing process. It is left to us to either allow them entry into our lives or freeze them out and taint them with the same brush with which we taint everyone else.
We have to be willing to take a chance at love. Truth be told, there is never a guarantee in love except if the love is coming from GOD HIMSELF.

I call HIM my PERFECT LOVER.

That guy you totally dote upon will one day say or do something that will hit you where it hurts most and leave you in a state of utter disappointment. But you can’t throw it all away just because of that! (Except s/he really went too far, of course)
That lady who makes your world shine will one day, do something to you that will make you think twice and wonder if you made the right choice in choosing a partner.

You will hurt the people you love. You can’t help it. They can’t help it either.
To err is totally HUMAN!!!

I know that I am not saying what we want to hear. I never do! HAHAHA!
I am not evil, dear. I just say ‘em as I see ‘em.

I learned this secret very recently and it is helping me a whole lot. It’ll help you too #guaranteed
You have to be willing to be vulnerable. *hear hear!*
When you want to go into that relationship, remember that it won’t always be a jolly ride. Remember that you are both people; people with mouths that will ‘run’ and with feelings that will hurt.

Also, when you get out of a relationship – ermmm...no make that; When you are forced out of a relationship, remember that it could have been the other way round with you in the position of heartbreaker. It feels so much more comfortable in that position, doesn’t it?

If your self esteem is about to take a serious blow at the loss/breakup, remind yourself how beautiful you are...and believe it!
Also, encourage yourself by telling you that the bad stuff and the good stuff can never mix and boost yourself up by constantly remembering that the bad/wrong one left in order to make room for the good one who’ll be walking in anytime soon!
Yes, you can love again :)


Look at me sweetheart. I am a fine one to talk, you’ll say. 
Yeah, I am a fine one to talk because it has worked for me! *touché*
YOU CAN LOVE AGAIN.
Also, the GOD factor never hurts. #takeNote #selah #Agape
And if I may make bold to say this, here goes à I LOVE YOU

3 comments:

  1. lovely piece..I love this..Love indeed is complex...but then hoe can a guy express his love to girl he is in love with...Awesome..keep it up

    Seun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seun.
      If he really is in love with her, he has to consider her feelings on the matter too. It shouldn't be all about what he feels alone. He has to be sure that she wants what he wants. We all can't force love. And if she feels the same way about him, then he won't have to work hard to make her love him.
      He should just be himself around her and be honest about his feelings.
      We love that in our guys!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...