Monday 10 February 2014

Blood In Borno...by D'Ola

Blood in my hands,
the enemy has struck again!
Here in the East of Borno!
Vultures thrives and have made a niche

My house has been razed!
The smell is of cushion and flesh!
My property destroy'd,
my conscience pierced!

The turgidity of my mind!
now re-engineer'd towards revenge!

Who am i to attack?
For we know not who's for or against us!

Yesterday, the soldiers invaded!
Overzealous, raping our hopes!
'Come out woman' one yelled out!
'Lie down' the other said!

The rest is in the moaning and the pleas'!
Please! Not in the presence of my children!
'Oh,sorry! Its sweet I can't stop' -they journeyed her in rounds!

The next day the desert warriors came visiting!
'Recite the Quran mister' one shouted!
Before his lips would part ways
He's been shot, his head shatter'd on the floor!

His blood spilled on my face!
It fingers my thoughts for suicide!
We are alone in this fight!
Will someone hear our call for truce!

That woman over there is no longer a mum!
She once had children and never was a nun!
Her fowl couldn't shield her chicks!
The hawks came, and over power'd her!

Blood flows like river in Borno!
We are here trapped!
Would the world Pray that we make it alive?
Would you drop a word of peace?

Pray for us we plead today!

~D'Ola~
rainbow--musings
#BOKOHARAM #BORNO #BLOOD #PEACE#DEATH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...