Sunday 25 August 2013

GROWING LOVE

Grow, my young love, grow 
Let the wolves be buried in snow 
No worm or pests shall you ever fear 
For I am either here or near 
I toggle between rain and sun 
To mulch your world with all the fun 
I trundle between sun and rain 
Rains to wash away the pain 




So grow, my young love, grow and show 
Your petals as a cerise glow 
I weed with all the might I bear 
The errors of the fruitless year(s) 
I whisk with all the breath I might 
The promise of a drought by night 
Ask and I shall grant your due 
But nought of pain or feelings blue 


Grow, my young love, grow and bloom 
Your soil, my heart, is made of loam 
Shall you not set your roots down deep, 
And let your stem gracefully creep? 
I made a bed that you may lay 
At sunshine, or as heap of hay 
I laid my pride and glory so 
That I may love you as I do 
Will you not hence grow up for me 
That they may my sacrifices see? 


And so, my young love stoops to say; 
“I’m glad that you had come my way 
To give me sun and rain to bloom 
And heal me from this ling’ring gloom 
I love you as you love me too 
And wish to someday say I do 
I don’t know how but this is true 
Our love is of a heavenly hue 
So while you care and they do stare 
I’ll grow and grow, and grow no glare” 


Ah love, oh growing love of mine 
You give me cause to dine and wine 
And hope to live, and faith to hope 
And love to keep, to grow, to lope 
I feel this love within my veins 
The surging warmth in my reins 
I feel my pulse as love skids past 
And then I know this love will last 


So grow, my young love, grow with grace 
Take your time, select your pace 
But do not leave me waiting for long 
You know how anxiety chokes my lung 
I’ll wait a year, well, two or three 
Until you’re grown to whet my glee 
I’ll wait a while, absent the fear 
Of losing you, or your gleaming cheer 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...